#HappySummerBeer cocktail recipes series: Castle deLite
Friday, November 29th, 2013
Did you know that the humble lager makes a great base for a refreshing summer cocktail?
In this, the first in our #HappySummerBeer cocktail series, we’ll show you how to create designer cocktails using your favourite beers and accessible local ingredients!
Cockt-ales, beer-tinis and lager-itas are just some of the creative brew-based mixes recently created by beer lovers. Already a hit in the UK, beer cocktails have featured at top London restaurants such as Dabbous in Fitrovia, The Refinery and Hawksmoor Steakhouse.
“We’re excited to have started experimenting with our own versions of beer cocktails back home, ” says Frieda Dehrmann, SAB’s consumer science and sensory manager. “In my mind this is the next step in the evolution of beer, following closely on the heels of the craft beer movement that has taken South Africa by storm over the last few years.”
With grenadine, pomegranate and lemon zest the flavourful Castle deLite should kick off your Summer in style!
1 Bottle Castle Lite
25 ml Honey
25 ml Elderflower Syrup
12.5 ml Brutal Fruit Lavacious Lemon
Grenadine or Pomegranate Syrup
1 Egg White
Garnish: Lemon zest
- Make foam by placing honey, Elderflower Syrup and Brutal Fruit Lavacious Lemon and a dash of grenadine or pomegranate syrup into a shaker or bowl with 1 egg white.
- Whisk or shake the ingredients together to aerate.
- Pour Castle Lite into wine glass.
- Spoon or pour over the foam onto the Castle Lite.
- Serve in a wine glass and garnish with lemon zest.
Remember to drink responsibly. #HappySummerBeer