Terms and Conditions
1. This promotional competition (“Competition”) is run by The South African Breweries (Proprietary) Limited (“Promoter”), and is open to all natural persons of 18 years or older, resident in South Africa, except the employees, of Promoters, and their immediate families, Promoters advertising and promotion agencies and associated companies. Promoter must be able to verify your identification through a South African ID book or valid passport.
2. The Competition rules may be amended, by the Promoter at any time during the Competition Period. The Promoter also reserves the right to alter, amend, vary or cancel this Competition in part or in its entirety without notice, at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
3. In the event of an amendment, alteration and/or cancellation, the Promoter will not compensate any individual for any reason whatsoever.
4. These Competition rules and any amendments thereto, will be interpreted by the Promoter only.
5. Participation by all entrants (“Participants”) constitutes acceptance of these Competition rules.
6. The Competition commences on Friday 5 Sept 2014 and ends at midnight on Sunday 20 September 2014 (“Competition Period”).
7. To enter the Participant must post a photograph taken by themselves either to the SAB Facebook wall comments section or on Twitter using the hashtag #MySAHeritage, during the Competition Period. Photos will be judged on content and aesthetic presentation. Photos must depict scene/s of what is typically South African.
8. Participants are prohibited from submitting an entry that is in the reasonable discretion of the Promoter unlawful, obscene, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, threatening, or other material that would violate any law, code of ethics, regulation or code of responsible advertising, or may be considered as generally irresponsible in relation to alcohol or anything that may compromise the SAB’s reputation or legal position.
9. The Prize: Participants stand a chance to win an SAB Heritage Hamper, consisting of :
a. A Castle braai hamper, including a cooler box, beers, braai tongs, sauces, apron, biltong, and
b. Flying Fish umbrella and drinks.
10. There will be one winner selected, by a judging panel.
11. The winner will be notified within a week after the closing date of the competition via a direct response to their comment or tweet. This will either be through a “reply” to their Facebook post or comment, or through a direct “reply” to their tweet.
12. In the event that the winner fails to respond/contact the Promoter, within 7 days of the Promoter’s notification, in terms of clause 11, such winner will forfeit the Prize and the Promoter may in its discretion choose a substitute winner.
13. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter and/or judging panel is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Participants agree that the Promoter will have the right to use, copy, reproduce, reasonably modify, adapt, publish, translate, create collective or derivative works from, distribute, perform and display their ideas in whole or in part and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. This includes for the purposes of promotion for a period of 18 months after the winners have been announced and without any compensation.
15. By entering the competition, the Participant automatically confirms that he/she has the right to use the submitted photograph, i.e. inter alia the photograph is the Participant’s own property. Everything submitted must be the Participant’s original, unaltered work and not copied from anyone else’s/other work. By submitting a photograph, Participants agree and confirm that nothing in their submission will infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party. If Participant includes anyone else’s material in their submission, the Participant must have obtained their permission to do so. If Participant does not, such Participant/s will be infringing the copyright in the material. This includes material downloaded or copied from a website. Any contravention of these rules will disqualify the entry/entries as reasonably suspected by the Promoter and any liability arising as a result thereof will be that of the Participant and not the Promoter.
16. Although Promoter has taken care to ensure that the prize is of a good quality, we do not give any warranties about the prize and you agree to accept the prize “as is”.
17. Promoter reserves the right to make media announcements and/or publications of the name and photographs of the Winner, provided that any Winner may elect to expressly, in writing, decline this. Promoter also reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any Winner in order to verify their eligibility and that of the entry.
18. All Participants and Winners indemnify Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents, against any / all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition.
19. The winner of the prize must collect their prize from a specified location, at a time arranged with the Promoter/Promoter’s representative.
20. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize/s are for the winner’s own account.
21. Promoter and its co-promoter if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and/ or use of a prize, whether foreseen or not.
22. The prize is not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
23. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the State or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winners will be liable therefore, and SAB will not increase the value of the prizes to compensate for such charges.
24. If the winner/s fail/s to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prize, or if the winner/s refuse(s) to sign the prize acceptance and indemnity form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize. In this instance, without prejudice to any other remedy which Promoter and its associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
25. The Competition Rules can be found through the competition post at www.sab.co.za.