SAB signed the Department of Minerals and Energy (DME) Energy Efficiency Accord in 2005 and has already reduced its energy consumption by more than the committed 12%.
Vision and Values
To be the most admired company in South Africa; a partner of choice, an investment of choice and an employer of choice.
To own and nurture local and international brands which are the consumer’s first choice.
Our people are our enduring advantage
- The calibre, passion and commitment of our people set us apart
- We value and encourage diversity
- We select and develop people for the long-term
- Performance is what counts.
Accountability is clear and personal
- We favour decentralised management and a practical maximum of local autonomy
- Goals and objectives are aligned and clearly articulated
- We prize both intellectual rigour and emotional engagement
- We are honest about performance
- We require and enable self-management
We work and win in teams
- We actively develop and share knowledge within the group
- We consciously balance local and group interests
- We foster trust and integrity in internal relationships
- We encourage camaraderie and a sense of fun
We understand and respect our customers and consumers
- We are endlessly concerned with our customers' needs and perceptions
- We build lasting relationships, based on trust
- We aspire to offer the preferred choices of product and service
- We innovate and lead in a changing world
Our reputation is indivisible
- Our reputation relies on the actions and statements of every employee
- We build our reputation for the long term
- We are fair and ethical in all our dealings
- We benefit the local communities in which we operate